***Disclaimer***

Disclaimer: The Wizard of 'OZ' makes no money from 'OZ' - The 'Other' Side of the Rainbow. 'OZ' is 100 % paid ad-free

Saturday, November 19, 2022

The Racing Camel

A certain man married and moved to the land of his father-in-law. Now his father-in-law was a wealthy man who had a large herd of racing camels, and provided the man with a new racing camel every two years, and had his grooms feed and water and care for the camel.

The man had a saddle from his youth which he dearly loved, and used on his camel. Then one day, at a great gathering of all his father-in-law's family and friends, he stood up and said:

"I have been here among you for years, and have loved this community, yet you have not helped me. Half the time, when I go riding, I fall off my camel. I have even contacted the maker of my saddle, who said my saddle would work fine if I used a wedge-shaped pad under it on the camel. I am tired of falling off, and this is ridiculous."

His father-in-law took him aside and said, "dearest son-in-law, we sorrow with you that you are unable to use your favourite saddle. We all understand how a loved saddle can fit you perfectly. Our saddle-makers are experts in making saddles for racing camels, but do not know how to make your donkey saddle work on a camel. Please take your choice of any fine camel saddle in my tack room."

No comments: