***Disclaimer***

Disclaimer: The Wizard of 'OZ' makes no money from 'OZ' - The 'Other' Side of the Rainbow. 'OZ' is 100 % paid ad-free

Thursday, September 30, 2021

Quotes by Neil Pert

Words Of Wisdom

Neil Pert

Rush drummer Neil Peart was more than a beast behind the kit. He was also a voracious reader and a prolific writer. He’s the author of seven non-fiction books which were mostly about his travels on the road and he collaborated with science fiction author Kevin J. Anderson for his fiction works which included a novelization of the band’s 2012 album Clockwork Angels.

Here are some of Neil Peart’s most unforgettable quotes about life:


10. “Excitement is found along the road, not at the end.”

9. “Adventures suck when you’re having them.”

8. “From the point of ignition. To the final drive. The point of the journey is not to arrive.”

7. “The measure of a life is a measure of love and respect, so hard to earn so easily burned.”

6. “With people, too, you constantly think, ‘If I’m nice to people and treat them well, they’ll appreciate it and behave better.’ They won’t, but it’s still not a bad way to live.”

5. “Without knowing it, I had identified a subtle but important part of the healing process. There would be no peace for me, no life for me, until I learned to forgive life for what it had done to me, forgive others for still being alive, and eventually, forgive myself for being alive.”

4. “Quick to judge, quick to anger, slow to understand. Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand.”

3. “If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.”

2. “The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.”

1. “We’re only immortal for a limited time.”

No comments: