***Disclaimer***

Disclaimer: The Wizard of 'OZ' makes no money from 'OZ' - The 'Other' Side of the Rainbow. 'OZ' is 100 % paid ad-free

Wednesday, September 01, 2021

A burning question! (Ubuntu)

Why are Linux (ok, Ubuntu) users so anal about having NOTHING on their desktop. I posted a screenshot on the Ubuntu Reddit and was flamed saying its too cluttered! I have a few icons that I use ALL the time and a group for my partner Dwight who is a computer Luddite. I also keep current and pressing files on the desktop as well. Below is my desktop. What do you think? 

Screenshot of The Wizard's desktop

Personally, I like to use the desktop the way I use an actual desk. Am I wrong? Here is an example of, in my opinion, underutilized space:

Empty desktop
The only reason they do this is to get an unobstructed view of their wallpaper, because it is just SO cool. You can't even see that when working on the computer anyways, so are they just staring at the screen all day admiring their choice in wallpaper? wtf?

No comments: