***Disclaimer***

Disclaimer: The Wizard of 'OZ' makes no money from 'OZ' - The 'Other' Side of the Rainbow. 'OZ' is 100 % paid ad-free

Sunday, May 30, 2021

Car Driver vs. Tractor Driver - 2 Sets of thoughts

Tractor blocking the road

 
Car driver: Geez, can’t this stupid tractor go any faster it’s been a long day at work and I need to get home for supper!!!! 
 
Tractor driver: I hate seeing cars lining up behind me. It’s so stressful. I wish I could go faster but I’m only allowed to go 40km/hr. My tractor can’t go any faster anyway. I need to hurry and get my seeds planted to help put food on people’s tables. The growing season is so short.
 
Car driver: That darn tractor could at least pull off to the shoulder to let me by. That farmer doesn’t own the road!!! 
 
Tractor driver: I wish it was safe for me to pull off to the shoulder, but I’m liable if there is an accident caused from me pulling over or merging back into traffic. Besides, the shoulders can be soft and dangerous for a tractor. I’ve heard of too many rollovers. Besides I’d only be kicking up dust and there are so many hazards on the side of the road. I only have a short distance to go. I feel badly for the people behind me. I know it’s frustrating. It won’t be long before I turn off. That field can’t come soon enough. I remember a time when this was all farmland and there were hardly any cars on the road.
 
Car driver: Why does this crazy farmer need to be on the road at this time of day anyway. It’s rush hour for crying out loud. I hate getting stuck behind farm equipment.
 
Tractor driver: I hate being on the road anytime but there are a few times of the year that I need to move my equipment from field to field. It’s so nerve wracking! I have so many acres to cover in such a short time and rain is on the way. I’ll be working all night at this rate and I still have my cows to milk. I’m so tired. 
 
Car driver: Okay, that’s it. I’m passing this rig even if there is a no passing lane. The tractor isn’t that fast. I can squeeze by no problem. I need to get to home. 
 
Tractor driver: It’s terrifying to watch cars pass me on blind corners, on the right or on hills. One just cut me off trying to beat me to the traffic light. I can’t stop on a dime! It looks like this guy behind me is going to pass but I see a big transport truck coming the other way!!! Oh no!!! 
 
Car driver: OMG! I’m going to die! 
 
Tractor driver: Wow, that was a close one. He’s lucky. He could have gotten us both killed. I just want to get the job of feeding the world done for the day and get back to my family. That two kilometre drive between fields takes years off my life! 
 
Car driver: Frig, I almost died. All I wanted to do is get home and see my family and enjoy a nice meal around the table with them. Maybe I need to slow down. What’s a couple extra minutes in the grand scheme of things? Oh look, that tractor just pulled into that field. I shouldn’t have been so impatient 

Tractor, car and truck drivers are more alike than you think. They all want to arrive alive and they all have someone somewhere who wants them to come home safe. Farmers need consumers to buy their food and consumers need farmers to produce the food so we need to share the road and respect each other - it works BOTH ways - we all have to eat.

No comments: