***Disclaimer***

Disclaimer: The Wizard of 'OZ' makes no money from 'OZ' - The 'Other' Side of the Rainbow. 'OZ' is 100 % paid ad-free

Tuesday, October 06, 2020

In My Head - Curtis Thomas

  

“I suffer from anxiety and depression, and drawing helps me. I do a lot of doodles. At night, I spend a lot of time staying up and drawing because I have insomnia.” - Curtis Thomas, a 17‐year‐old student at Miles Macdonell Collegiate in Winnipeg.

Thomas’ incredibly intricate and detailed artwork is filled with a network of tiny lines, shapes, letters and words. It represents an attempt to relay what goes on in his head, he says, and he completed it over the course of several late nights.
 
Thomas hopes his art can speak to people about the need for awareness, understanding and respect for people suffering not only from mental illness, but from the stigma that surrounds it.
 
This artwork is one of 13 large installations on view throughout
The Forks  until October 31st.

No comments: