***Disclaimer***

Disclaimer: The Wizard of 'OZ' makes no money from 'OZ' - The 'Other' Side of the Rainbow. 'OZ' is 100 % paid ad-free

Monday, February 25, 2019

Review: "Wes Side Story" -a memoir by Wes Funk

The book "Wes Side Story" was given to me by the author Wes Funk. Wes Funk is a Saskatchewan writer and writes about personal experiences sometimes in the guise of his characters. 

This review is on his latest book, "Wes Side Story - a memoir"

Wes Side Story - a memoir by Wes Funk

Let me first say that this a highly personal book. Wes Funk describes the goings on in his life and matter of factly put them down in print. I feel privileged to be invited into and be the fly on the wall listening intently as he narrates his story. You may ask, how does he narrate his story. It's easy, I know Wes's voice and honestly as I read through his memoir, I did indeed hear him reading to me. That's awesome. That said, When you read his book, and I do think you should, you can imagine him as an animated and wonderful character!

He tells of life growing up in small town Saskatchewan, in a very religious household. The struggles he overcame on his journey to become the man he is today. Every story an anecdote was socked away in his mind. This book was actually being written in his head as he grew up. 

I can say that I understand his experiences growing up in a religious family as I was as well. Different religion, same dogma. And from one prairie fag to other, trials and tribulations is what makes us stronger to be the person God wanted us to be, organized religion aside. 

It was surprising to read about his twin sister. I will not go into details as you REALLY NEED to read this book!.

Wes has a unique way with his descriptive writing that really helps you to form the picture he desires in your own head as you read.

This book should definitely be on your reading list. 

The following is from his webpage, and I am just putting it in her so you know where to find his books. Yup, I said books! This is his fourth book. He started his collection with "Dead Rock Stars", "Baggage" and "Cherry Blossoms". He is also the  host on Saskatoon's Shaw TV on the program "Lit Happens". 


 Click here!


Click above to get to Wes Funk's Amazon webpage and enrich your reading with his excellent books!

No comments: