***Disclaimer***

Disclaimer: The Wizard of 'OZ' makes no money from 'OZ' - The 'Other' Side of the Rainbow. 'OZ' is 100 % paid ad-free

Tuesday, December 04, 2018

Canadian Blood Services - "Its in you to give." -NOT!

Canadian Blood Services


It seriously keeps pissing me off when Canadian Blood Services calls out to "EVERYONE" to donate blood. That means that because I am gay, and am in a loving monogamous relationship (read as being faithful), that I must be a non person. White washing all non celibate gays saying can't donate is akin to stupidity and for some reason, ignorance of the qualifying of donors. I firmly believe that I am of no risk to the blood supply should they decide to ever take it. What I don't like is they will take blood from females that a MSM has relations with.. so, either a closeted gay man or a bi sexual man. The woman has NO idea who her husband/lover sleeps with. So where is the frackin' logic in this? I feel degraded every time I hear a plea for donors to give blood. I am not included in "EVERYONE", even though my blood is just as safe as any one else s who doesn't do intravenous drugs, or sleep around. They have tests for HIV. Why don't they do their job and take the blood and run the HIV antibody tests along with the others? Frankly, i don't understand and am extremely offended by their commercials as well as their criteria to exclude certain segments of the population, and include all the others based on whatever they answer the questionnaire. Yes you've heard this before. And yes I may write something up again.

No comments: