1. The best doctors should carry his coffin;
2. The wealth he had accumulated (money, gold, precious stones) should be scattered along the way to his burial;
3. His hands should be left hanging outside the coffin for all to see.
Surprised by these unusual requests, one of his generals asked Alexander to explain.
Here is what he said:
1. I want the best doctors to carry my coffin to demonstrate that in the face of death, even the best doctors in the world have no power to heal;
2. I want the road to be covered with my treasure so that everybody sees that the wealth acquired on earth, stays on earth.
3. I want my hands to swing in the wind so that people understand that we come to this world empty-handed and we leave empty-handed after the most precious treasure of all is exhausted - Time.
Time is our most precious treasure because it is limited. We can produce more wealth, but we cannot produce more time.
When we give someone our time, we actually give a portion of our life that we will never take back. Our time is our life!
The best present you can give your family and friends is your time.
May you have the wisdom to give it.