Musicals to Movies
|The Rocky Horror Show|
Welcome to a quiz on films that were either originally stage musicals or became a stage musical after the film was released. I hope you enjoy playing the quiz. (Warning) Some plot details are included in the Interesting Info section.
1. Based on Rodgers and Hammerstein's stage musical of the same name, which musical film is about the ghost of a fairground worker who returns to earth to see his wife and daughter?
All the Fun of the Fair
2. The film version of, "Mamma Mia!" used songs that featured in the stage musical. Which popular music band from 1970/80s composed the music used for both the film and stage versions?
3. Released by Disney in 2013, "Frozen" became one of their best known musical animated films, with the best known song from the film being, "Let It Go". Which of the following characters from the film sings this song?
4. The film version of a stage musical by Jonathan Larson centres around a group of people living in a New York apartment block, some of whom have AIDS. What is this film called?
______________ One word, 4 letters
5. Which film adaptation of a stage musical featured two rival gangs from New York named the "Sharks" and the "Jets"?
The Wild Bunch
West Side Story
6. What is the title of the film version of the Lerner and Loewe stage musical about the King Arthur and his knights?
Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Knights of the Round Table
7. Yes or No: Was the film version of "Summer Holiday" based on the stage musical of the same name?
8. When Richard O'Brien's stage musical, "The Rocky Horror Show" was made into a film, what did the film become known as?
The Rocky Horror Movie Show
The Rocky Horror B Movie Show
The Rocky Horror Fantasy Show
The Rocky Horror Picture Show
9. In the film and stage versions of "Cabaret", what is the name of the club in which the main character of Sally Bowles performs her musical act?
The Chocolate Club
The Kit Kat Club
The Biscuit Club
The Candy Club
10. Yes or No: Was the film musical "Hair" about a group of hairdressers working in a hair salon?
Click here for the answers.
|The Rocky Horror Picture Show|