***Disclaimer***

Disclaimer: The Wizard of 'OZ' makes no money from 'OZ' - The 'Other' Side of the Rainbow. 'OZ' is 100 % paid ad-free

Sunday, November 03, 2013

Quora: Disneyland: What are some amazing secrets hidden within Disneyland and Disney World?

Here is one of the secrets:

On the Mark Twain riverboat, ask nicely if you can pilot the boat and you will be directed to the wheelhouse where you will be allowed to "steer" the boat (It's actually on a track), blow the whistle, and afterwards be given a special certificate.

At the Main Street train station as soon as the park opens ask for a reservation to ride in the Lilly Belle train car. This train car is named after Walt's wife, who helped design it. It is lavishly decorated.

You can also ask to ride in the tender. My daughter and I did this, and we found the conductors to be quite friendly and talkative. One asked me if I had any questions, and I asked him to tell me a Disneyland secret most people don't know. He told me that the big T-rex in the Primordial World periodically winks. He told us that the tarp that makes the mural background for the Grand Canyon Diorama is one continuous piece of fabric over 300 ft long (no seams). He also confirmed the story that the park is full of cats, and they sometimes play chicken with the train.

The seat on the tender is very small. My daughter and I barely fit on it together, and we had to balance ourselves with our feet on the coupling – not for the faint of heart!

--Gina Mckenna

Click here to go to Quora and add your found secrets!

No comments: