***Disclaimer***

Disclaimer: The Wizard of 'OZ' makes no money from 'OZ' - The 'Other' Side of the Rainbow. 'OZ' is 100 % paid ad-free

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Litha - The Summer Solstice


Litha
Litha

Litha- (leetha) Also named Midsummer of Summer Solstice, this is a Sabbat strictly for the sun. On June 21 or 22, witches acknowledge the God's light and warmth on the day when he shines the highest, brightest and longest. This is a time to rejoice in the full flood of the years abundance.

The Journey

Litha - The Summer Solstice

The well of worlds that swallows all whole,
The progression of seasons that circle my soul,
The wind and water, fire and sand,
On Earth's ebb and flow I travel the land,
On the wings of a Gull or thunder and light,
My goal is far out, but still within sight,
Though my heart filled with sorrow my vision is clear,
Although my body has faltered there is no fear,
As a whirlwind of fire sweeps the darkness away,
I cannot follow it is here I must stay,
Until I am one and all is complete,
As the Goddess protects me, I won't know defeat.

By: Aries


An explanation of Pagan Summer Solstice can be found here.

No comments: