***Disclaimer***

Disclaimer: The Wizard of 'OZ' makes no money from 'OZ' - The 'Other' Side of the Rainbow. 'OZ' is 100 % paid ad-free

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Laser Floyd


Pink Floyd's Dark Side of teh Moon album cover
"Dark Side of the Moon" album cover


I just finished taking in "Laser Floyd" at the Winnipeg Planetarium. Wow! Talk about cool! The album played was Dark Side of the Moon -- all synchronized to a fantastic laser show! Has to be seen to be believed. They are running only July and August so was happy to take it in. Best of all, my 14 year old son took in the show with me! Can't believe that we were rocking together to the music I grew up with! (I am 47).

My favorite song was "Money", but my son's was a toss up between "Time" and "Any Color You Like"... Money featured laser pictures that depicted the cash register and $$ signs, dropping coins and all synced perfectly! The sound was top notch surroiund and the subs really blasted - felt the heartbeats!

There were some random red boxes with words any true Floyd fan would recognize: 'pig' and 'syd' were 2 of them. All together an awesome and mesmerizing show. Oh and I forgot to mention, if you don't know, a planetarium is a dome shaped theatre with the inside of the dome being the screen - 360 degree view. There is also the star projector (Zeiss, I think), that displays stars and the constellations on the dome. They were really moving fast clockwise - which, with the counter-clockwise movement of the lasers - really gave the impression we were moving - and it's like "WHOA! Man! And this is without marijuana!!!!"

Go see it wherever you can. Oh and was $10 CDN for me and same for my boy. I would have paid twice that!

The video below is The Division Bell, but you'll get the idea:

No comments: