***Disclaimer***

Disclaimer: The Wizard of 'OZ' makes no money from 'OZ' - The 'Other' Side of the Rainbow. 'OZ' is 100 % paid ad-free

Saturday, February 28, 2009

The Adventures of Dr. McNinja - an online comic


Click here to visit the site and read the comics!

Q: Who is Dr. McNinja?
A: Dr. McNinja is a doctor who is also a ninja.

Q: That's a pretty kooky name, Dr. McNinja. How'd you come up with that?

A: Well, way back in 2003, it was originally just my Something Awful forums name, and it was really close to being Dr. McNuggets. (I had a bit of a thing for them back then. I also like claiming to be a doctor.) But last second before registering, I realized I could kick up the awesome a pretty decent amount by changing the"Nuggets" to "Ninja."

Q: How do you transition from internet name to internet comic?

A: Well, over at Something Awful, there are these uh... drawing fights, I guess is the best way to put it. You draw up a characterization of your user name and then you draw him/her fighting the other people's characters! It's fun! And for one of these fights, I drew the gentleman pictured above, and voila, the good doctor was truly born. And if you'll look, I wasn't lying about him being a doctor, and a ninja. See the sword? See the degree? Proof. Anyway, shortly after that fight, I made this comic about him for a class.

Click here to visit the site and read the comics!

Q: What kind of doctor is he anyway? That's a PhD on his wall. The sign in front of his office says he's a physician. In the one comic he's doing dental work on a patient, and then says he's a podiatrist!

A: Ninjas are mysterious in their ways. Way mysterious.


Click here to read the comics!

*Pictures and logos are copyrighted by their respective companies

No comments: