***Disclaimer***

Disclaimer: The Wizard of 'OZ' makes no money from 'OZ' - The 'Other' Side of the Rainbow. 'OZ' is 100 % paid ad-free

Thursday, April 14, 2022

From The Emerald City

  

From The Emerald City

My Dear 'OZ'ians,

I have another instalment of "Questions for The Wizard" ...

Jim wrote: I really like the Ukraine crisis updates you have been providing lately. Aren't you afraid of repercussions from Moscow and the Russians attacking your blog?

The Wizard: Not really. However over the past month, I've had a major increase in traffic from Russia (some days it makes up 60+% of my traffic. But no I am not worried, I have my blog backed up for peace of mind.

Micheal wrote: I appreciative your posts of "celebrity deaths". I now look to OZ to keep in the know. Keep on doing that series please!

The Wizard: I intend to, And thanks for the comment!

Judy wrote: Why do you write the blog? Who do you target it to? Who are your readers? Is there a way for you to find out who visits your blog and when?

The Wizard: I write the blog primarily for myself. As you can see by the archives, I have made a lot of posts since 2004. Yes, I can see who (stripped of actual identifying information, like IP..   I don't see those), but I do see each and every visitor and the country they are from, what pages they go to etc. I am always disappointed when someone logs on to 'OZ' by searching pictures and not actually reading my blog. I also don't like direct linking when someone links to a picture and places code on their website. Causes increased non productive traffic. I would prefer they save a copy locally and post that. But what can you do?

Lucy wrote: I like all your LGBT links that appear on the left side of your blog. It's good to have an advocate. OZ is truly a safe space for the LGBT.

The Wizard: I am glad you appreciate them. As an LGBT person, I feel it's important that there are safe spaces on the internet where an LGBT person can feels safe in the knowledge that there are other LGBT folks out there. By the way, I have a guest writer on 'OZ', namely The Love Doctor. Write to him for LGBT relationship advice, another safe space. He also helps straight people with relationship issues as well as LGBT. Click on his picture on the left hand side and ask for advice. He's very fair and open to anything. I also post some of the letters occasionally. Click here to ask for advice in your love life.

The Wizard 

Send your questions to The Wizard of 'OZ' by clicking here.

No comments: