***Disclaimer***

Disclaimer: The Wizard of 'OZ' makes no money from 'OZ' - The 'Other' Side of the Rainbow. 'OZ' is 100 % paid ad-free

Tuesday, January 25, 2022

From The Emerald City

  From The Emerald City

My Dear 'OZ'ians,

I have decided to post some questions that were asked about The Wizard or about 'OZ' over the last year or so, I hope you enjoy this and get answers to your unasked questions.

June H. writes: How long does it take to do your posting on 'OZ'?

The Wizard: It really doesn't take too long, I spend about an hour a week, posting for 7 days - approximately 21 posts per week.

William G. writes: Do you need to know how to code to write a blog?

The Wizard: While The Wizard does choose to edit blog posts using HTML, there is not really any reason why you should need to. Blogger uses a WYSIWYG (What you see is what you get) editor, so if you know how to use a word processor, you can write a blog. Easy peasy -- Oh so breezy!

Susan O. writes: How long have you been posting for 'OZ'?

The Wizard: I have been posting since 2004, over the years I've had to rewrite the template that I use, as well as go through and modify, ALL of my posts due to losing the accounts I had used to post pictures on 'OZ'. That in itself took about 6 months. I am currently using Blogger storage to host all images on on, (some are hosted by Host Papa (othersideoz.ca). I truly am worried that Google will cease with the unlimited free photo storage. Moving all my images to Host Papa would take me years to do. Note: I did lose some content (9,000 posts or so) in 2004 and 2005. I am working on restoring the archives...

Mitch writes: How much does it cost you to do 'OZ' and how much money do you make with 'OZ' - The 'Other' Side of the Rainbow?

The Wizard: While the blog itself and all content is free as in it costs me nothing, I do pay for a domain (https://othersideoz.ca) for storage and file hosting etc, I spend about $600 a year to produce 'OZ'. As far as the amount of revenue, The Wizard makes NO MONEY publishing 'OZ'. It is a labour of love and I frankly enjoy doing it. The Wizard makes purchasing recommendations with links to were you can purchase items, there are absolutely no paid ads anywhere on 'OZ'. 

Xavier N. writes: Where do you get your content? I don't think I could find enough of it to do so many posts per day, every day!

The Wizard: I get my content from many places. Some is sent in by readers (using the "Contact The Wizard" applet , or clicking the "Contribute" image both on the left had side of 'OZ'.) Some content (less over the years) I get emailed directly to me. (There is the email the Wizard using the "Contribute" image link on the blog)

Linda M. writes: How do you find time to post every day at 10am, noon and 2pm?

The Wizard: A little secret here... I post about every week or so. I create posts in advance so that they are published every day at those times. I schedule posts in advance in case unforeseen circumstances that I cannot post on a day for some reason.  This post was created January 2nd and will publish Jan 25th). So I stay about 1 month ahead of the actual posting day. Note that I make special posts as the happen, for Celebrity Deaths, or really important news stories. These I post 'live'. 

So I hope this answers any questions you may have about 'OZ' - The 'Other' Side of the Rainbow. If you have any more questions, email me, make a comment or click on the "Contribute" image.

The Wizard

No comments: