Answers are further down the post..., NO CHEATING!
Able was I ere I saw Elba.
Egad, a base tone denotes a bad age.
What do these 3 sentences have in common?
2. You are stuck in a room with 2 doors. One door is the way out and the other one leads to Hell. In this room there are two computers, one always lies and one always tells the truth.
How do you get out safely? Once you open a door, you must go through it and can never turn back. You can ask only one question to any one of the computers.
3. For many years a BIG company was looking for the universal solvent - a solvent that will dissolve anything.
One day a man walked in a bottle in his hand. The man said "I've come up with the UNIVERSAL solvent!! And if you're lucky, I will sell it to you for a mere $100,000!"
The president looked seriously at the man and screamed, "Get out of here you stupid creep! You're a dumb liar and a fake!!!"
And with that the president of this huge company picked up the guy and threw him out by his feet.
How did the president know the man was a fake before he even tested the solvent?
4. A man walked one mile south. Then he walked one mile east. Then he walked one mile north. He realized he was exactly where he started. Just then, he was attacked by a bear.
What color was the bear?
5. A man went downstairs to get a drink. He turned off the tap and the lights and went to bed. When he woke up in the middle of the night he saw thousands of people dead, so he jumped out the window and killed himself.
Why did he kill himself?
6. You throw away the outside.
You cook the inside.
You eat the outside.
You throw away the inside.
What is it?
1. They're all palindromes- those sentences read the same backwards as they do forwards.
2. You ask one computer, "Which door would the other machine tell me is the safe way out?" and whatever the answer, you take the other door.
If you ask the liar, it will tell you that the true machine will say the door to hell. So you take the other one.
3. The President knew that the man was lying because the UNIVERSAL solution is supposed to be able to dissolve anything, yet the man brought his "universal" solution into the office in a bottle. The bottle wasn't dissolving.
4. The bear has white fur. You have to map the man's travels in your head. One mile south,(down), one mile east(right), and one mile north(up). a square with the top side missing is made. If he ended where he stopped, the shape has to form a triangle. The only place on earth that can have three equal distances traveled, each at a ninety degree angle to the last, is if you start at the north pole. Only polar bears live that far north, so the bear is white.
5. He lives in a light house. when he woke up and saw the dead people, it was because he turned off the big light and a boat crashed, killing thousands of people. and it was all his fault. so, he killed himself.
6. Corn on the cob.
you peel the outside and throw it away.
then you cook what was the inside.
you eat what's not the outside.
and you throw away the inside (the cob)