***Disclaimer***

Disclaimer: The Wizard of 'OZ' makes no money from 'OZ' - The 'Other' Side of the Rainbow. 'OZ' is 100 % paid ad-free

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Seal a plastic bag with a bottle cap!


*WHAT A GREAT IDEA. NO MORE TWIST TIES OR RUBBER BANDS.* *

AND THEY ARE WATER PROOF AND AIR TIGHT. GREAT!* *

How to seal a bag and make it air-tight!

Seal a plastic bag with a bottle cap!

Cut up a disposable water bottle* *

and keep the neck and top, as in photo.*

Insert the plastic bag through the neck* *

and screw the top to seal.*

Seal a plastic bag with a bottle cap!

The bag is made to be air-tight,* *

such that water will not leak,

the secret lies with the top and screw!* *

This is a great idea to share.* *

Good for us and the environment too*


*Thanks, Dwight

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I fail to see how this is great for the environment as you are still throwing away a bottle that didn't need to be used in the first place. And that bottle will not decompose. You must have some very different sense of what is good for the environment than most.

Designer4u said...

This is such a great idea.

Anonymous said...

Wouldn't a pop bottle work the same way?

liz said...

What do you do with the rest of the bottle?

Anonymous said...

To the first commenter, regardless of how green I consider myself, plastic water bottles are still being manufactured and somehow end up in my home even though I never buy them. They are handed out to kids at parties, or school fundraisers, or picnics - they're everywhere. For the odd few that do end up in my home, this is a cool idea. I wouldn't throw the rest of the bottle away, but poke a few holes in it and use it to start seeds.

Anonymous said...

I would think that a Gladware bowl with a screw on lid would be more environmentally friendly than a disposable water bottle and a disposable sandwich bag. We have reuseable water bottles and reuseable snack containers. There's NO trash involved.

The Wizard of 'OZ' said...

where I live, (Saskatchewan) we have recyclers who will still pay me 3 cents even if the top of the bottle is missing. Therefore I find a new use for the crown and cap and the recyclers still get their plastic. Personally, I do not buy these bottles very often, and all are recycled.