***Disclaimer***

Disclaimer: The Wizard of 'OZ' makes no money from 'OZ' - The 'Other' Side of the Rainbow. 'OZ' is 100 % paid ad-free

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

The Love Doctor

The Love Doctor Dear Love Doctor,

I think I finally found out why I am not good at relationships. I think I am in love with myself. Is that possible? I mean I always know when I can have sex, if I want it and when - I already know where I want to go on a date, and what types of gifts I will love. My love for myself is totally uncomplicated - no mind games (at least, not ones I am telling you about!), I like the same kind of music and movies, and songs and books.. etc!

So, Love Doctor, my only question to you is, is this a win-win situation for me, or should I dump that guy and search for another mate?

Signed,

Solo

Dear "Hand" Solo,

Well, aren't you just looking at 'loneliness' in a totally different light! You are right about several things - having a great relationship with yourself is great, but if you are exclusively dating yourself - that may not be so healthy. I mean - self love to the exclusion of all others can be bad - (hair on the palms don't-cha-know).. you need to get out there and look for someone to date! No-one EVER said that falling in love with someone means that that person is everything you asked for, I mean because we all bring a different set of characteristics to the table and that is what makes us truly unique and for a truly complimentary relationship.

You don't mention if you have been hurt with past relationships/love. If you have then you need to just go out there and find someone who floats your boat - and don't be tempted to dismiss someone because they don't live up to ALL of your criteria - (you can always have a quiet date with yourself after your other date, if you don't get to have a home run ;-),- in fact - knowing that you can do this after a hot date that won't put out is likely a good thing! And it's always, "Safe Sex"!! Just don't become to dependant on your right hand - you need to get out there and socialize.

The Love Doctor


--Send your questions about love to "The Love Doctor" directly from 'OZ' - The 'Other' Side of the Rainbow! I have added an email link that goes direct to The Love Doctor - this will enable quicker responses from him. You can do this by clicking on his picture in the sidebar and put your question in the email. This will ensure that The Love Doctor gets your question. The Love Doctor forwards his replies to me for posting consideration. Note: Due to the high volume of letters that The Love Doctor receives, not all letters will be posted on 'OZ' - but the Love Doctor will reply to every email. (so he says)

No comments: