***Disclaimer***

Disclaimer: The Wizard of 'OZ' makes no money from 'OZ' - The 'Other' Side of the Rainbow. 'OZ' is 100 % paid ad-free

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

The Wiz On The Street


A report from the group Families USA says that the cost of maintaining health insurance for a family under COBRA consumes, on average, nearly 84 percent of a worker’s unemployment benefits. So the Wizard hit the streets again, asking, "What do you think?"

Daryl McCarthyDaryl McCarthy,
Pharmaceutical Researcher
"What are all those people doing getting medical care in the first place? They should be out trying to find jobs."

Lori ConnorLori Connor,
Electronics Repair
"Sure I lost my job and my health insurance, but I also lost my will to live, so it doesn't really matter."

Josh DuncanJosh Duncan,
Unemployed
"Fascinating. Say, that Families USA group wouldn’t happen to be hiring, would they?"


*American Voices, The Onion

No comments: