***Disclaimer***

Disclaimer: The Wizard of 'OZ' makes no money from 'OZ' - The 'Other' Side of the Rainbow. 'OZ' is 100 % paid ad-free

Saturday, September 13, 2008

How big is your browser footprint?


Aqua Footprint

All tests were done using the same webpage in each browser.

Browser Icons
Safari: RAM USED: 71,612K


Firefox: RAM USED: 63,040K



Internet Explorer: RAM USED: 52,700K



Avant: RAM USED: 48,272K



Opera: RAM USED: 41,040K



Google Chrome: RAM USED: 18,050K



So you see, Google Chrome has the smallest footprint of memory in the browsers that I have tested. Keep in mind that Chrome is in beta and lacks alot of the functionality of the other browsers. It will mature and likely increase the footprint...

I know you must think The Wizard is an über-geek - who else would have 6 web browsers on VISTA Home Premium?

1 comment:

The Wizard of 'OZ' said...

I corrected the KB used for Google Chrome - I discovered that it uses multi-threading and each Tab runs in it's own Virtual Sandbox, so what I had done, was add both Chrome processes together, not seeing the empty pen Tab behind the one I tested with.