***Disclaimer***

Disclaimer: The Wizard of 'OZ' makes no money from 'OZ' - The 'Other' Side of the Rainbow. 'OZ' is 100 % paid ad-free

Sunday, February 11, 2007

CLASSMATES: A PERSPECTIVE

Have you ever been guilty of looking at others your own age  and thinking, "Surely I don't look that old!"         
    
Well, you'll love this one!         
 
I was sitting in the waiting room for my first appointment.  with a new dentist.          
    
I noticed his DDS diploma, which bore his full name.   Suddenly, I remembered a tall, handsome, dark-haired boy with the         
    
same name that had been in my high school class some 40 odd  years ago.         
    
COULD HE BE THE SAME GUY THAT I HAD A SECRET CRUSH ON, WAY  BACK THEN??         
    
Upon seeing him, however, I quickly discarded any such  thought.         
   
This balding, gray-haired man with the deeply lined face was  WAY too old to have been MY classmate.  Hmmmm.  Or could he?         
   
After he examined my teeth, I asked him if he had attended Morgan Park   High School.         
 
"Yes!  Yes, I did.  I'm a Mustang!" he  gleamed with pride.         
 
"When did you graduate?" I asked.         
  
He answered, "In 1950.  Why do you ask?"         
 
"You were in my class!" I exclaimed.  

He looked at me closely.         
 
Then, that ugly, old, wrinkled, bald, fat, gray, decrepit  son-of-a-bitch had the nerve to ask, "What did you teach?"

No comments: