***Disclaimer***

Disclaimer: The Wizard of 'OZ' makes no money from 'OZ' - The 'Other' Side of the Rainbow. 'OZ' is 100 % paid ad-free

Saturday, March 18, 2006

Shame.. Shame on you, Microsoft!


Microsoft, Microsoft, Microsoft... I arrived at my computer last night after watching a movie, only to see that my computer had resarted and was sitting at the log-on screen. Why would it do that, I wondered... I logged in, hoping that I would not discover a virus that re-boots my machine.... After booting up there was a balloon in the tray that said: "Updates were installed that required an automatic restart of your computer" (Or close to that...) In the rush to push out a fix, did Microsoft override the administrator settings? I have my Windows update set to download, but ask for permssion to do the actual install. But much to my suprise.... Microsoft over-rode my setings.. even installed icons that I had previously removed. If they can do this.. what else can they do? All I can say is: "Be afraid. Be very AFRAID!" Bill Gatus of Borg

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

DEATH TO BILL GATES!!!! ok I will also settle for bush's Head on a platter too

The Wizard of 'OZ' said...

I am so pissed at this. I mean really! How come they can do this? (I know it's a simple script.. but how could any script run on a computer supposedly locked down, when a script tries to run, Defender asks, Scotty asks and I have to allow it?)

Perhaps that according to Microsoft, they feel that they have a right to get inside my machine to do this...

They could have simply left a balloon that tells me that I need to re-boot... but NO...