***Disclaimer***

Disclaimer: The Wizard of 'OZ' makes no money from 'OZ' - The 'Other' Side of the Rainbow. 'OZ' is 100 % paid ad-free

Friday, December 08, 2017

This was just 62 years ago!

Comments made in the year 1955!

Life was so simple in those days, eh!

I'll tell you one thing, if things
keep going the way they are,
it's going to be impossible to
buy a week's groceries for $10.00. '

'Have you seen the new cars
coming out next year? It won't
be long before $1, 000.00 will
only buy a used one.'

'If cigarettes keep going up in
price, I'm going to quit; 20 cents
a pack is ridiculous. '

'Did you hear the post office is
thinking about charging 7 cents
just to mail a letter.'

'If they raise the minimum wage
to $1.00, nobody will be able to
hire outside help at the store.'

'When I first started driving, who
would have thought gas would
someday cost 25 cents a gallon.
Guess we'd be better off leaving
the car in the garage.'

'I'm afraid to send my kids to the
movies any more. Ever since they
let Clark Gable get by with saying
DAMN in 'GONE WITH THE WIND',
it seems every new movie has
either HELL or DAMN in it.'

'I read the other day where some
scientist thinks it's possible to put
a man on the moon by the end of
the century. They even have some
fellows they call astronauts
preparing for it down in Texas.'

'Did you see where some baseball
player just signed a contract for
$50,000 a year just to play ball?
It wouldn't surprise me if someday
they'll be making more than the
President. '

'I never thought I'd see the day
all our kitchen appliances would
be electric. They are even making
electric typewriters now. '

'It's too bad things are so tough
nowadays. I see where a few
married women are having to
work to make ends meet. '

'It won't be long before young
couples are going to have to hire
someone to watch their kids so
they can both work.'

'I'm afraid the Volkswagen car
is going to open the door to a
whole lot of foreign business.'

'Thank goodness I won't live to
see the day when the Government
takes half our income in taxes. I
sometimes wonder if we are
electing the best people to
government.'

'The drive-in restaurant is
convenient in nice weather,
but I seriously doubt they
will ever catch on.'

'There is no sense going on short
trips anymore for a weekend. It
costs nearly $2.00 a night to stay
in a hotel.'

'No one can afford to be sick
anymore. At $15.00 a day in
the hospital, it's too rich for
my blood.'

'If they think I'll pay 30 cents
for a hair cut, forget it.'

No comments: