***Disclaimer***

Disclaimer: The Wizard of 'OZ' makes no money from 'OZ' - The 'Other' Side of the Rainbow. 'OZ' is 100 % paid ad-free

Saturday, January 14, 2017

Becoming the Devil They Fear

The following auto-biographical novel was written by a friend of mine, Ryan Willey, of Saskatoon, SK Canada. It is also a book of shadows including spells, magical correspondence tables, rituals, prayers, etc.

I will post some excerpts over several days.

Saskatchewan author, Ryan Wiley
Saskatchewan author, Ryan Willey
Becoming the Devil They Fear, by Ryan Willey

Opening the Door (1 excerpt)

After my parents divorced, my mother, sisters and I moved into a duplex as a new beginning.  A strange memory I have in our home was during an Easter break.  My older sister, her friend and I had the idea to purchase a Parker Brother’s Ouija board from a store close to our home.  I still remember the funny looks I got from other shoppers and the cashier.

We took it home, lit a candle and immediately opened the board from the box.  My older sister and her friend used it at this time for the most part.  The planchette looked as though it moved while they barely touched it and they seemed to be talking to a spirit.  They asked general questions about the spirit but I was rather skeptical at this point and wished that we had taken that money which our mother left us for lunch to buy something else.

However later in the evening I became less skeptical.  My mom came home and we hid the Ouija board in my older sister’s bedroom in the basement.  After supper, her friend and I joined her in her bedroom where I participated with them using Ouija board.  We spoke with a spirit who rather quickly started to scare the hell out of me.

The planchette started to spell out the word “curse” after numerous obscenities and name calling geared towards us.  Whenever we would ask what the spirit was talking about, the planchette repeatedly spelled “curse”.  We eventually gave up on speaking with the spirit and put the board away.

For weeks, maybe months I feared the dark.  I couldn’t sleep by myself without getting so frightened that I was vomiting.  I felt the spirit’s eyes staring at me and I never wanted to be alone, especially at night.  I slept in my mother’s bed and she didn’t understand why I was so frightened, until she heard that we watched the film “The Exorcist” at my father’s house one evening.

“It’s no wonder why you’re always so scared Ryan,” she mentioned.

But not even “The Exorcist” scared me as much as this strange invisible presence I sensed.

However, I kept using the board with my older sister while my mother went to work during the day.  Even though I was so scared at night, I was drawn to the Ouija board because I had never experienced anything like it.  But every night it terrified me so much that something was still in my presence watching me.

Stay tuned tomorrow for another excerpt of his book.

You can purchase the book Becoming the Devil They Fear from McNally Robinson. They ship books as well. I will post the details when the book is ready


No comments: