***Disclaimer***

Disclaimer: The Wizard of 'OZ' makes no money from 'OZ' - The 'Other' Side of the Rainbow. 'OZ' is 100 % paid ad-free

Saturday, September 17, 2016

Star Trek - 50 Years and beyond!

Star Trek 50 - a rare photo of The Wizard of 'OZ'
Star Trek 50 - a rare photo of The Wizard of 'OZ'
I remember watching Start Trek The Origibal Series(TOS), when I was a kid. The eerie music (late I heard was played on a theramin), and The big alien head in the end credits. I was actually scared about that part!
I watched the episodes over and over and thus a Trekkie was born.

In 1987 Star Trek - The Next Generation aired, I was mariied now and we both watched the show - both of us thought Captain Picard was sexy! (Later about 20 years or so I would come out of the closet, LOL). Now I was a Trekker!
Captain Jean-Luc Picard
Captain Jean-Luc Picard

I really loved Q, played by John de Lancie, an omnipotent brat. Intersting, he was one of my favourite characters on Days of Our Lives, as Eugene Bradford, who wrote a love column in "Salem Today", and was an Inventor.
Q
Some time around 1993, Star Trek Deep Space Nine (DS9) launched. It was ok at the beginning was like a space-opera taking place on an alien (Cardassian) Space Station. Commander Sisko was a smooth talking leader who never seemed to get angry. At least he controlled it. Finally DS9 got a ship. The Defender. Much smaller than a Starship it was plenty big enough to take on incredible foes. It saved the series as far as I think. My favourite character was Kai Winn Adami and Kira Nerys. Two very strong Bajoran women.
Kai Winn
Kai Winn
Kira Nerys
Kira Nerys
Next came Star Trek Voyager. Stuck in the Delta quadrant, series started in 1995. I really liked that series, what with the Borg, Species 8472, trying to assimilate/kill them all the time. Not so safe out there. My favourite character was Captain Kathryn Janeway. I guess I like women in power! I was dissapointed in them actually arriving home. Everyone knows the journey is better than the destination!
Kathryn Janeway
Kathryn Janeway
You will notice that Star Trek Enterprise is missing from here. I simply found it boring and did not watch it.

"Peace and long life."
"Live long and prosper"

#StarTrek50 #LLAP

No comments: