***Disclaimer***

Disclaimer: The Wizard of 'OZ' makes no money from 'OZ' - The 'Other' Side of the Rainbow. 'OZ' is 100 % paid ad-free

Monday, September 23, 2013

September Song

two men kissing

When I was a young man chasing the boys

I played me a waiting game
If a guy refused me with wave of his hand
I'd let the old Earth make a couple of whirls
While I plied him with tears in lieu of pearls
And as time came around he came my way
As time came around, he came

When you meet with the young men early in the Spring

You court them in song and rhyme
They answer with words and a little wink
But if you could examine the goods they bring
They have little to offer but the songs they sing
And the plentiful waste of time of day
A plentiful waste of time

Oh, it's a long, long while from May to December

But the days grow short when you reach September
When the autumn weather turns the leaves to flame
One hasn't got time for the waiting game

Oh, the days dwindle down to a precious few

September, November
And these few precious days I'll spend with you
These precious days I'll spend with you


adapted from September Song -- Frank Sinatra

No comments: