***Disclaimer***

Disclaimer: The Wizard of 'OZ' makes no money from 'OZ' - The 'Other' Side of the Rainbow. 'OZ' is 100 % paid ad-free

Sunday, January 13, 2013

"Avalon" -- Sully Erna


I finally received my Sully Erna "Avalon" limited edition box set. Let me tell you, this is a hell of a great package he has provided. I have #4337/5000

Me with the Sully Erna Avalon Limited Edition Box Set
Me with all my Sully stuff!

Erna has released a massive limited edition box set of his 2010 solo album, "Avalon". The set, limited to 5,000 copies, includes a full performance of the "Avalon" record taped at Boston's Wilbur Theatre in December 2011, a documentary, a bloopers CD, the album itself, and collectibles such as a coffee table book, a hat, a T-shirt, guitar pick, poster, incense, Erna's biography, a commemorative backstage pass, and a more.

The album, "Avalon", is a departure for Erna, who is also lead singer for the thrash rock band Godsmack. The music, at least to me has a very pagan vibe to it, not surprising since Sully is a practising Wiccan. (Glad to have him in the club!).


The songs are all very mesmerizing to me and I find that when I listen to "Avalon" my mind drifts peacefully into the music.

I was introduced to Godsmack, by some pagan friends of mine, Ave and Jay, who are real Smack fans. Every summer to celebrate Solstice, I go to "Toon Town's Pagan Summer Fest." There among other things, we do circle dances. My favourite one we dance to Ave's custom dance steps, for the song "Spiral" from Godsmack's Acoustic album. Fun times for sure.

Sully Erna's "Avalon" official site
Toon Town's Pagan Summer Fest. official site

tags: sully erna, erna, avalon, godsmack

No comments: