***Disclaimer***

Disclaimer: The Wizard of 'OZ' makes no money from 'OZ' - The 'Other' Side of the Rainbow. 'OZ' is 100 % paid ad-free

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Human Life - Explained


ON THE FIRST DAY, God created the dog. God said, "Sit all day at the door of your house and bark at anyone who comes in or walks past. I will give you a lifespan of 20 years." The dog said, "That's too long to be barking. Give me 10 years and I'll give you back the other 10." So God agreed.

On the second day, God created the monkey. God said, "Entertain people. Do monkey tricks and make them laugh. I'll give you a lifespan of 20 years." The monkey said, "How boring. Monkey tricks for 20 years? I don't think so. Dog gave you back 10, so that's what I'll do, too. OK?" And God agreed.

On the third day God created the cow. God said, "You must go to the field with the farmer all day long and suffer under the sun, have calves and give milk to support the farmer. I will give you a life span of 60 years." The cow said, "That's a tough life you want me to live for 60 years. Let me have 20, and I'll give back the other 40." And God agreed again.

On the fourth day, God created man. God said, "Eat, sleep, play, marry and enjoy your life. I'll give you 20 years." Man said, "Only 20 years? Tell you what. I'll take my 20, as well as the 40 the cow gave back, the 10 the monkey gave back and the 10 the dog gave back. That makes 80." "OK," God said. "You've got a deal."

That's why the first 20 years we eat, sleep, play and enjoy ourselves. For the next 40 years we slave in the sun to support our family. Then, for the next 10 years, we do monkey tricks to entertain the grandchildren. Our last 10 years, we sit on the front porch and bark at everyone.


No comments: