***Disclaimer***

Disclaimer: The Wizard of 'OZ' makes no money from 'OZ' - The 'Other' Side of the Rainbow. 'OZ' is 100 % paid ad-free

Friday, July 01, 2011

HAPPY CANADA DAY!


144 Years Young!

Strong and Free, 2000

Together we are Canada

My name is British Columbia
The jewel of the West Coast.
Forestry and fishing are
The things that I do most

Hi, I am Alberta
A wild west kind of place
With cows and oil and mountains
And lots of open space.

I am Manitoba
And I’m Saskatchewan
We’re the golden prairies
Where fields of wheat grow in the sun

Hi, I am Ontario
The home of government
To me each year the leaders
Of our democracy are sent.

Bonjour, I am Quebec
Here French is my language too
When I want to ask “how are you?”
I say, “comment t’allez vous?”

Newfoundland, New Brunswick
And Nova Scotia -- those are we,
We are Atlantic Provinces
The three musketeers of the sea.

I’m Prince Edward Island
And I know I may be small
But without me all the rest of you
Would have no potatoes at all.

The Yukon, Nunavut and North West
Territories are up north.
Through ice and cold and polar bears
Few brave souls venture forth.

Together we are Canada
One nation strong and free
With sharing, friends and happiness
Forever we will be!

Under the Rainbow, 2000

*Art by Steve Walker, Fans of Steve Walker's Art

No comments: