***Disclaimer***

Disclaimer: The Wizard of 'OZ' makes no money from 'OZ' - The 'Other' Side of the Rainbow. 'OZ' is 100 % paid ad-free

Sunday, May 02, 2010

My kobo

It finally came! I pre-ordered my kobo ereader from Chapters.ca a few weeks back and it arrived yesterday. I charged it up and started using it right away. It comes with 100 books (lots of classics, which I like).

When I got it home, I purchased and downloaded Stephen King's latest creation Under the Dome. The whole process was simple and fast. The book cost some $23 + GST (wished there was a better price break on e-books), but with King being my favourite author, I of course bought it anyway!

The kobo was released May 1 in Canada and you can order and pay for books from right inside the application you install on your PC or Mac. You can also go to kobo.com and search titles from there.

So the kobo has 1GB storage out of the box (can hold up to 1000 titles, based on an average of 1MB ea. The King book is almost 3MB. In any case - there are 2 font choices, serif and sans-serif. I like the sans as it is a bit easier for me to read. There are 5 font sizes available from 'smallest to largest' - I use 'smaller - the second smallest), and find that just perfect for me.

There is a slot for an SD card that can be up to 4GB _ I can't imagine having up to 5000 books on it - but there is the beauty. You don't have to delete the books after you've read them - you can keep them in your library. I especially like the "bookshelf" view of my titles. You can also view the books on your BlackBerry or iPhone, but I think the screen would be too small - plus I really prefer my electronics to be specialized and do one thing excellently, rather than many things, just ok or acceptable.

Order yours from chapter.ca..

Below are some pictures from the kobo site:

kobo ereader
kobo ereader
kobo ereader
kobo ereader
kobo ereader
kobo ereader
kobo ereader

No comments: