***Disclaimer***

Disclaimer: The Wizard of 'OZ' makes no money from 'OZ' - The 'Other' Side of the Rainbow. 'OZ' is 100 % paid ad-free

Thursday, December 03, 2009

Readers Respond: The Best and Worst Thing About Being Gay


From the article: How Much Of Your Day Is Taken Up Thinking About Being Gay?

Gay Pride couple
By Ramon Johnson, Gay Life Guide

Sometimes thoughts about being gay can take up most of our day. What's the best or worst thing about being gay? Share the good, the bad, and the best...

The Good, The Bad and the Stereotypical

I didn't come out until fairly late because I came of age during the 80s. I can tell from personal experience what hate is. I know it better than I would like to. I have been beaten and spat upon for being queer. Since there is a 1000 character max and I don't want to spend a lot of time writing here when I have other writing to do, I will not go into detail. The best thing about being gay is the fact that all of my friends are girls. While women can have their crass moments, they tend to be less so than men. Gay men tend to be similar to women in this. At the same time we get stereotyped by our desire to be more learned. I recognize the broad generalizations. We are all different, but I have to say, I love my men to be more masculine ("butch"). Not to mention, we throw great parties, decorate well and we know how to apply hair and make-up. Isn't that what life is all about anyway?
—Guest PJ

Share Your Story


*GayLife.About.com

No comments: