***Disclaimer***

Disclaimer: The Wizard of 'OZ' makes no money from 'OZ' - The 'Other' Side of the Rainbow. 'OZ' is 100 % paid ad-free

Thursday, July 02, 2009

THIS WEEK'S QUOTATIONS




What do I owe to my times, to my country, to my neighbors, to my friends? Such are the questions which a virtuous man ought to ask himself often.
– Johann Kaspar Lavater, Swiss poet (1741-1801)

Deference is the most complicated, the most indirect, and the most elegant of all compliments.
– William Shenstone, British poet (1714-1763)

Grace is the outcome of inward harmony.
– Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach, Austrian writer (1830-1916)

Pardon is voluntary forgetfulness while forgetfulness is involuntary pardon.
–Pierre-Jules Hetzel, French editor, publisher (1814-1886)

A person of character has strong convictions, yet avoids self-righteousness.
– Michael Josephson



*Character Counts

No comments: