***Disclaimer***

Disclaimer: The Wizard of 'OZ' makes no money from 'OZ' - The 'Other' Side of the Rainbow. 'OZ' is 100 % paid ad-free

Saturday, March 28, 2009

The Chronicles of Mac; The Leopard, The Wizard and The G4
Day 3

So today is day 3 - actually day 2 if you are really picky. In any case here is what's new in my Mac World...

Added myself as an admin - and deleted the old admin (remember this was used...)

I had 2 external USB hard disks for my Windows PC - almost a terabyte in total - the Mac mini has just a 40GB Ultra ATA drive so thought I would put my 250 GB external on the Mac. Wondered what would happen - so I moved all the data to my PC external drive, plugged the drive into my last USB port and Voila, my Mac identified it right away (NTFS) and because the OS is Leopard, immediately asked me if I wanted to make this drive my "Time Machine" drive.

I clicked yes and after very few mouse clicks, the drive was 'erased' (formatted to HFS - a Mac file system) - then automatically ran the Time Machine. Looked at the results and now I have several images to choose from - seems more straight forward than the dubious "System Restore" from Windows.

Checked out iTunes... and seems like a good program thus far - but DRM (so i have heard) may affect what I can play with iTunes - oh, and I composed a little ditty on a grand piano in "Garage Band" - What a hoot that is! I can see that I will be spending some time in the garage in the future.


No comments: