***Disclaimer***

Disclaimer: The Wizard of 'OZ' makes no money from 'OZ' - The 'Other' Side of the Rainbow. 'OZ' is 100 % paid ad-free

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

The "Rocket Man" lands in ToonTown


Elton JohnLast night I was treated well by Elton John. He did not disappoint on The Rocket Man Tour 2008

Sir Elton had his grand piano, this time coupled with a band consisting of: Davey Johnstone on Guitars, mandolin and vocals, Guy Baylon on keyboards, Robert Birch on bass guitar and vocals, John Mahon on percussion, drums and vocals, and long time Elton John master on the drums and vocals, Nigel Olsson.

The concert - a non-stop 2 3/4 hours, save only to do autographs while the fans were stomping and clapping, (most stars would have left the stage...), included The Bitch is Back, Levon, Take me to the pilot, Madman Across The Water, Rocket Man ( I Think It's Gonna Be A Long, Long Time), Tiny Dancer, Crocodile Rock, Funeral For A Friend/Love Lies Bleeding, Daniel, Goodbye Yellowbrick Road, Candle In the Wind, Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me, Bennie and The Jets, Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word, Philadelphia Freedom, I'm Still Standing, I Guess That's Why They Call It The Blues, Sad Songs (Say So Much), Believe, Saturday Night's Alright (For Fighting) and following the autographs, we were treated to Pinball Wizard, and Your Song.

All in all, Elton was polished as usual - the seats we had were far from spectacular, being in the nosebleed section, (one row from the very top and we got the tickets between 3 minutes and before the concert sold out which was within 6 minutes...) - though we still had an unobstructed view of Elton, all of his bandmembers and a bird's eye view of the stage. Missed the Jumbo TV's which frequently showed Elton's hands on the keys as well as some of his and the bands expressions (I could see about 2/3 of one of the jumbo TV's.)

The man may be aging but he still knows how to rock - he proved that last night. Oh, and I left with my very own "Captain Fantastic" Bobble head!

Captain fantastic Bobble-Head

On a side note, it was nice of him to acknowledge the passing of Richard Wright of Pink Floyd, (He dedicated Believe to him, saying, "Rick, this one's for you!")... Seems that all British Rockers seem to know each other. I was proud, wearing my tribute to Richard Wright in the form of a Dark Side Of The Moon, baseball cap and T-shirt to which I added, "Richard Wright 1943-2008 R.I.P.". A couple of fans thought I had a t-shirt so fast that reflected the passing - I just said - no- I am just a big fan of his.

Rock on!

1 comment:

STAG said...

One of my favorite artists.