***Disclaimer***

Disclaimer: The Wizard of 'OZ' makes no money from 'OZ' - The 'Other' Side of the Rainbow. 'OZ' is 100 % paid ad-free

Monday, September 22, 2008

A Farewell


Uncle Al

Again so soon, I find myself making a post like this. It is with great sadness that I have lost an Uncle. Known to all as "AL"

Uncle Al loved life and was very active with Derek and Rylan, his grandchildren.

Uncle Al was a Mason and a member of the Wawa chapter of the Ancient Egyptian Arabic Order, Nobles Mystic Shrine, or, "AEAONMS", where he was an active member in the pipes and drum band. Uncle played the snare.

He and Auntie 'M' travelled extensively in my youth, with the curling and such and have been to many places - most memorable was Germany - They brought me back a pin of a cuckoo clock, which I believe started me on that path - cuckoo clocks only appeal to a select few that can marvel at the mater of workmanship. Their cuckoo clock is a full size one from Swartzwald and plays music and has dancers in addition to the usual cuckoo and chimes.

Uncle Al loved to work in the backyard - he was an avid builder - he created the most amazing things, He sculptured the yard and it was meticulously kept.

His wife, my Aunt Marge passed away earlier this year, just 5 short months ago. My cousins Dale (Barb) and Wanda are now without parents.

While they are self supporting - missing Dad and Mom is never an easy thing - my heart goes out to you all.

Uncle Al and Auntie Margie

I will miss you Uncle Al...You have made the journey to the East - to The undiscovered country, from whose borne no Traveler returns.

Uncle, I love you and will deeply miss you, but I will keep you alive in my heart. Say hi to Auntie 'M', and Mom when you see them in heaven! My thoughts and prayers are with you Dale, Barb, Derek and Rylan, Wanda.

Love,

Brian.

No comments: