***Disclaimer***

Disclaimer: The Wizard of 'OZ' makes no money from 'OZ' - The 'Other' Side of the Rainbow. 'OZ' is 100 % paid ad-free

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Family Safety from Windows Live OneCare can help protect your children online


Family Safety from Windows Live OneCare

If you have Windows Live One Care as your Anti-virus, Spy ware detection program, a recent update is out. It is "Family Safety from Windows Live OneCare can help protect your children online"

Just beware, if you don't have kids, I would not install it as everytime you want to access the Internet it makes you 'log on' with your Windows Live ID, which is truly annoying! You can make it stay logged on automatically, but with no kids, I chose to uninstall that update. It was a choice that came bundled with the Windows Live Toolbar, which I uninstalled!

Vista, has parental controls built in for any user that you choose, for example, when my son comes to visit, he will log on his account which I have protected from malicious and sexual sites as well as turning on and off his access for what ever time I choose. If you have Vista, I would just use that. Less hassle, same safety. However, if you have Windows XP then I recommend the Family Safety if you have kids.

No comments: