Send in computer questions by clicking on The Wizard at the top of 'OZ'. Posting is at 10AM and 2PM CST daily. 4 days of posts are on the main page. The archives have more. You can forward posts by clicking on the envelope at the bottom of the post - Enjoy your stay! ***If there is a copyright issue, please email me by clicking on The Wizard at the top right of the page and I will provide credit, change it to a link, or remove the post.***
Wednesday, April 23, 2008
Gender of Inanimate Objects
You may not know that many non-living things have a gender. For example:
1) Ziploc Bags -- They are Male, because they hold everything in, but you can see right through them.
2) Copiers -- They are Female, because once turned off, it takes a while to warm them up again. It's an effective reproductive device if the right buttons are pushed, but can wreak havoc if the wrong buttons are pushed.
3) Tire -- Male, because it goes bald and it's often over-inflated.
4) Hot Air Balloon -- Male, because, to get it to go anywhere, you have to light a fire under it and, of course, there's the hot air component.
5) Sponges -- Female, because they're soft, squeezable and retain water.
6) Web Page -- Female, because it's always getting hit on.
7) Subway -- Male, because it uses the same old lines to pick people up.
8) Hourglass -- Female, because over time, the weight can shift to the bottom.
9) Hammer -- Male, because it hasn't changed much over the last 5,000 years, but it's handy to have around.
10) Remote Control -- Female. Ha! You thought it'd be Male. But consider this -- it gives a man pleasure, he'd be lost without it, and while he doesn't always know the right buttons to push, he keeps trying.
Preserving Old Time Radio - Click above to order your favourite shows today!
Click above to buy this and other great posters from MovieGoods.com®
Chat rooms monitored. Blogs deleted. Websites blocked. Search engines
restricted. People imprisoned for simply posting and sharing information. The Internet is a new frontier in the struggle for human rights.
Governments – with the help of some of the biggest IT companies in the world – are cracking down on freedom of expression.
Amnesty International, with the support of The Observer UK newspaper, is launching a campaign to show that online or offline
the human voice and human rights are impossible to repress. Click Above to find out more.
If you believe this I have bridge to sell.. but seriously... never click on
these "warnings" as they can lead to getting spyware and other not so niceties
such as adware and browser hijackers, key loggers and more. (Of course you
CAN trust The
Why the bear? Click on it!
1.5 Million visitors to 'OZ'- Thanks to all my Wonderful Readers!
'OZ' was inspired by 'Over The
Rainbow/What A Wonderful World'
(Born May 20, 1959 -
Died June 26, 1997, at the age of 38)
Star Trek - Hidden Frontier Fansite -
watch some episodes!
"Live Long and Prosper!"
"AnkhIwiEmHotep" - "Life and Peace Be with you"
Put a pushpin on the map! Click above. 'OZ' wants to know where you are!