***Disclaimer***

Disclaimer: The Wizard of 'OZ' makes no money from 'OZ' - The 'Other' Side of the Rainbow. 'OZ' is 100 % paid ad-free

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Outed myself at work

GLBT PINK TRIANGLE Well, it had to happen. I just wasn't expecting it to be today. Well, a co-worker was speaking to me today and asked to see my Italian Charm bracelet, and was asking me about all the charms. She asked what the pink triangle was for. I said,"In WWII, during the holocaust - Jews that were in concentration camps had a Star of David sewn onto their prison wear. GLBT people in those same camps had pink triangles sewn on theirs. So now you know."

She said that staff were asking her if she thought I might be gay. She told them to ask themselves. But they must have been too intimidated to come and ask me directly. I have never hid my sexual orientation from those at work, (I do wear a rainbow flag pin on my jacket, sometimes...) and I had decided that if the time came, I would not lie and deny it. Denying my homosexuality would go against all that I believe in - that is being truthful to myself.

So... I will have to wait and see as the news starts to travel around the office. I will be paying a bit closer attention now that they "Know". I expect to be treated no differently than before I confirmed this wee bit of myself with that co-worker. The part that really bugs me is that they have been speaking about me behind my back for I don't know how long now... My sexual orientation has no impact on my work - I am not attracted to any of them - I am happy with my life partner, Dwight. So if you guys do read this blog - "You're safe!"

Just because I am gay does not mean that I am after every guy in the world, just the same as heterosexuals are not after every member of the opposite sex!

Hang loose and worry not!

--The Wizard


No comments: