***Disclaimer***

Disclaimer: The Wizard of 'OZ' makes no money from 'OZ' - The 'Other' Side of the Rainbow. 'OZ' is 100 % paid ad-free

Friday, March 21, 2008

Famous Pho'

The Wizard was out last night at the once a month meeting of the Saskamoon Pagan group coffee. I was the host this time, so I suggested a nice little Vietnemese restaurant that my partner and I frequent.

I usually have the Vietnamese Rice noodle bowl (Tastes great and a great value! - spring rolls and loads of noodles!), but tonight I wanted to try something I've always wanted to try - Famous Pho'...

When my soup arrived I looked it over and saw that there were nice looking frilly Phonoodles - along with regular ones.. I picked one up with a fork and said to my fellow Saskamooners: "Gee, this looks like tripe." I don't know why I thought so.. I have only seen tripe in the store and would never consider eating it. In any case, I took the 'noodle' and started to chew it. It wouldn't chew, so I just swallowed it. When the waitress came around, I asked her what that was. She replied, "It's tripe - my favourite part!" I kinda gagged.

I went looking through the soup and pulled out all the tripe. While doing this I saw a clump of onions - and ate those... when the waitress came by again, I asked her what all was in the soup. She said, Beef meat balls, sliced beef, tripe and tendons as well as noodles. "Tendons?", I asked. "What do they look like?" She replied, "They are usually in a clump that looks like fat, but its not."

I again thought about that clump of 'onions' I had just eaten....

In the end, I did not finish the soup, but am now a bit wiser in what my fellow Saskamooner's call "Mystery Food".

Back to Noodle bowls for this Wizard!

No comments: