***Disclaimer***

Disclaimer: The Wizard of 'OZ' makes no money from 'OZ' - The 'Other' Side of the Rainbow. 'OZ' is 100 % paid ad-free

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

World's Best Kept Auto Secret - debunked!


How it goes: I have been driving (legally) for decades. One would think I would have noticed the little secret on my dash that was staring me right in the face the whole time. I didn't and I bet you probably haven't either.

Quick question! What side of your car is your gas tank? If you are anything like me driving several different vehicles, you probably can't remember right away. I've stuck my head out the window to look, usually to no avail . . especially on rental and borrowed cars.

If you look at your gas gauge, you will see a small icon of a gas pump. The handle of the gas pump will extend out on either the left or right side of the pump. If your tank is on the left, the handle will be on the left. If your tank is on the right, the handle will be on the right see the photo below. It's that simple! I don't know how you feel right now but when I found out this morning I felt cheated!

Why don't the dealers share such important information with car buyers? I don't understand why this isn't in the drivers ed manual? I don't know why any mechanic I've ever been to, has even thought of mentioning this to me? The only possible explanation can be that all these people probably don't know either!

Go out and share the worlds best kept auto secret with your friends as this information is way too important to be kept secret.

Gas Guages

Debunked by Snopes: Check it out.

No comments: