***Disclaimer***

Disclaimer: The Wizard of 'OZ' makes no money from 'OZ' - The 'Other' Side of the Rainbow. 'OZ' is 100 % paid ad-free

Friday, March 09, 2007

The Love Doctor

The Love Doctor Dear Love Doctor,

For the past couple of months I've been seeing a very nice young man but it seems he is always mooching money off me.

Every time he comes over he asks if he could "borrow" 20bucks. Last night he asked for 50. Over the past few weeks he has "borrowed" about $300.

My best friend says I'm being conned.

I'm concerned about the amount of money I have given him, but he is very nice, and I like spending time with him. Not to mention the sex.

He is a student and I remember from my student days money is always tight.

What do you think.


Signed,

In like


Dear In,

It sounds to me as though your friend may be right.

You imply that there is a considerable age difference between the two of you. Frankly, I think this young man is a hustler. What makes him different from the guys you meet on a street corner is he is more subtle, or perhaps sly would be a better word.

Now, I have absolutely nothing against hustlers, or their profession. In my estimation they are providing a service. But at least with the guys on the corner you know you are being hustled.

You have two choices, keep slipping him money and consider you will never get it back. If you do, its a bonus. Or, you could tell him the next time he tries to hit you up, that you are a little short on cash yourself and can't help him out this time. After a couple of rejections you will know if his intentions are honorable.

If he maintains his friendship, without getting money, consider him a real friend and not a business deal. But, if he disappears look at it as good sex with an interesting guy and leave it at that.

Now, just one one word about about hustlers. While I consider them in the service industry, as with everything else it is buyer beware. Not every hustler has a heart of gold. But the valuables out of sight before you head out to the corner, and do not let them sleep over.

The Love Doctor

--Send your questions about love to "The Love Doctor" directly from 'OZ' - The 'Other' Side of the Rainbow! I have added an email link that goes direct to The Love Doctor - this will enable quicker responses from him. You can do this by clicking on his picture in the sidebar and put your question in the email. This will ensure that The Love Doctor gets your question. The Love Doctor forwards his replies to me for posting consideration. Note: Due to the high volume of letters that The Love Doctor receives, not all letters will be posted on 'OZ' - but the Love Doctor will reply to every email. (so he says)

No comments: