***Disclaimer***

Disclaimer: The Wizard of 'OZ' makes no money from 'OZ' - The 'Other' Side of the Rainbow. 'OZ' is 100 % paid ad-free

Saturday, January 13, 2007

The Love Doctor

The Love Doctor Dear Love Doctor,

I'm writing you from bed. Beside me is a big muscle hunk with perfect teeth, a great smile, and he's fast asleep, snoring so loudly that I'm surprised the neighbors aren't complaining.

Doc, he's driving me nuts. I haven't had a decent night's sleep since he moved in. But, damn it, I love him, so I'm not about to put him out at night with the cat.

So, what can I do?


Signed,

Sleepless in Arizona


Dear Sleepless,

The worst thing about snoring is the person doing it has no idea how annoying they are.

Snoring is simply vibratory noise generated from the throat when the airway narrows beyond a certain point as he relaxes in his sleep. Further narrowing produces not only louder snoring, but also labored breathing. Finally, yet further narrowing can cause complete obstruction, so called sleep apnoea.
There are plenty of so called remedies out there, but most of them are worthless. I would suggest you drag him off to the doctor but in the short run, there are a few things which might help.

If he is overweight, put him on a diet. It will put less stress on the diaphragm.

Have him clear his nose before bed. A decent commercial nose spray should help.

Cut out any alcohol before bed.

And, if all that fails, get a good pair of ear plugs.

The Love Doctor

--Send your questions about love to "The Love Doctor" directly from 'OZ' - The 'Other' Side of the Rainbow! I have added an email link that goes direct to The Love Doctor - this will enable quicker responses from him. You can do this by clicking on his picture in the sidebar and put your question in the email. This will ensure that The Love Doctor gets your question. The Love Doctor forwards his replies to me for posting consideration. Note: Due to the high volume of letters that The Love Doctor receives, not all letters will be posted on 'OZ' - but the Love Doctor will reply to every email. (so he says)

No comments: