***Disclaimer***

Disclaimer: The Wizard of 'OZ' makes no money from 'OZ' - The 'Other' Side of the Rainbow. 'OZ' is 100 % paid ad-free

Saturday, November 18, 2006

The Love Doctor

The Love Doctor Dear Love Doctor,

This may sound pretty petty, but it has me very worried. My better half wants us to go on separate vacations this winter.

He says it would help us "charge our batteries" and he says it would be good for our relationship. We've been together about three years now and I've never thought there was anything wrong with our partnership.

"Paul" has already made reservations to go to a gay resort down south next month. He did it without even mentioning it to me beforehand. "Paul" says he's going with some friends from work, and says I should make my own plans and go somewhere I'd like.

He won't tell me the names of the people he's traveling with, and I'm getting suspicious.

"Paul" has always been headstrong, but really Doc, doesn't this sound just a bit fishy?


Signed,

Home Alone


Dear Home


I think you are right hearing those bells and whistles going off in your head. The tip off, of course, was not saying who he is going with.

But, suspicions aren't proof. And, it is obvious this is going to keep bothering you. So, it is time to bring the whole thing to a boil.

If you don't want separate holidays tell him so. Put your foot down and tell him why. If it turns out he is having a fling you will have to deal with that. Either you put up with it, or you will have to consider ending the relationship.

A partnership is just what the name implies, two equal parts.

Don't put up with less than you are prepared to give.

The Love Doctor

--Send your questions about love to "The Love Doctor" directly from 'OZ' - The 'Other' Side of the Rainbow! I have added an email link that goes direct to The Love Doctor - this will enable quicker responses from him. You can do this by clicking on his picture in the sidebar and put your question in the email. This will ensure that The Love Doctor gets your question. The Love Doctor forwards his replies to me for posting consideration. Note: Due to the high volume of letters that The Love Doctor receives, not all letters will be posted on 'OZ' - but the Love Doctor will reply to every email. (so he says)

No comments: