***Disclaimer***

Disclaimer: The Wizard of 'OZ' makes no money from 'OZ' - The 'Other' Side of the Rainbow. 'OZ' is 100 % paid ad-free

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Lloyd Evan Owen


Lloyd Evan Owen
Lloyd Evan Owen
January 17, 1929 - January 22, 2006

I offer my condolences to Clarice and the family and friends of Lloyd Owen.

Lloyd was already a friend of my wife Barbara and came in to my life when she and I started looking for a house. He had such dedication and yes.. extreme patience with me and my wife. You see, we were intent on buying a house in the country. Driving us all over hell's half acre! Lloyd showed his patience time and again when we fell in love with a particular property. Lloyd was patient in listening to us harp on about how great it seemed. Lloyd always let us go on and on before he said, on more than one occasion, "Now do you want to know why this is not a good property?" Of course he was always right!

Lloyd was also my friend. I used to work for Gateway computers and I think that I was at least partially responsible for giving him many a headache by introducing him into new and updated technologies. I always loved it when he would call me over for coffee and advice as to what "the computer was doin'"...

Lloyd was always a very proud man. I found in him a friendship that I will miss greatly, and of course our email jokes! Clarice and family, I know that you have suffered a great loss, but knowing Lloyd, he will still be watching us all from heaven.

I will also remember "For Land's Sakes... better call LEO!" as was his real estate motto.

So long, Lloyd, and thanks for being such a part of my life.

No comments: