***Disclaimer***

Disclaimer: The Wizard of 'OZ' makes no money from 'OZ' - The 'Other' Side of the Rainbow. 'OZ' is 100 % paid ad-free

Monday, October 24, 2005

What Mom Took


Most often when I think of you,
I think of what You've given
The softness of a loving touch, a gentle
guide for living,
A nightly tip toe in a room, an
understanding look

You've gone to where I can't see you Mom,
But I will feel you every day
I can't help but be sad, for the world, Mom
For I feel your time was cut too short
Many more years you should've had left to stay
But in my heart you will live much longer
And never go away

But sometimes when I think of You……
I think of what you took.
You took a child and taught him how to live his
life with pride.

You took his kindergarten tears and kept them deep inside.
You took the hands that longed to hold
her child and not let go,
Used them to push her child along the way,
to thrive and grow.

You took time to do some other things,
like sew and clean and cook,
And never thought to ask for thanks.
For all the things you took.

Thanks Mom

No comments: